6th International Flame Chemistry Workshop
The Flame Chemistry enthusiasts will meet online (zoom) in the week from Monday, August 15th through Friday, August 19th, 2022 – just a couple of weeks after the Symposium.
Our format will be similar to our last meeting. Given the different time zones we are in, it is impossible to have longer meetings without disturbing some of our sleep patterns. We therefore plan to meet for 1.5 to 2 hrs for five days starting at 7 am here in California, 4 pm (central Europe), and 10 pm in Beijing.
The program will include short invited and contributed highlight talks and panel discussions. Please consider to contribute to at least one of the following subjects:
- PAH and soot formation chemistry, material synthesis
- Chemistry at low temperatures
- Gas-phase kinetics beyond combustion (plasma, catalysis, etc.)
- Large mechanisms development (thermochemistry, validation targets, uncertainties, mechanism checker, consistencies, automation, experimental design, machine learning…)
- Low-carbon fuels, e-fuels, sustainable aviation fuels
- Thermal runaways
Please use this link (https://forms.gle/T2zpuoyEWodfHriD8) to register and to submit a proposed title for your contributed talk. If the link is blocked, please email me directly. The submission deadline for the contributed talks is Friday, July 22nd. Registration will close and we will post the final program online on Friday, August 5th.
The schedule is tight and we expect about 160-180 attendees, so please register early. There are no fees associated with this workshop.
Instructions about the zoom meeting will follow.